The Friends of HOCP is a voluntary organization governed by Constitution (click here for a copy).
Membership is open to anyone and is free. Friends can be a passive members of the organisation, taking an interest in the Park and receiving a quarterly Newsletter. Alternatively, they can become an active volunteer, working with the staff to maintain and conserve the environment of the Park. To become a Friend, ask one of the Park Wardens for a Registration Form or contact the Secretary via the Park Office.

What do Friends do?
• take an interest in the Park;
• support the work of the Park Wardens;
• volunteer for a wide range of tasks in the Park with the aim of improving it for visitors and wildlife;
• allocate funds to (a) support the work of the volunteers and (b) special projects ie. the building of a replacement bird hide and the construction of the boardwalk to the Dragonfly pond;
• inform visitors about the Park, its facilities and habitats through a quarterly Newsletter, website and information points around the Park;
• participate in and help with events in the Park.

What does the Friends' Committee do?
This is an elected body (required by the Constitution) that meets three times a year to (a) administer money raised in the Park, (b) identify special projects and (c) to plan events. It works closely with the staff of the Park and with Bedford Borough Council. All meetings are open to registered Friends of HOCP.

Opening Hours

The Park is open to visitors 365 days a year. This also applies to the main car park but not to the overspill car park which closes at 5:00pm each day.

The Dragonfly café is open daily between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm

The Park is owned and managed by Bedford Borough Council. The Friends of Harrold-Odell Country Park work in partnership with Council staff and run this web site.

Emergencies should be reported to the staff or direct to the appropriate emergency service.